What do Australians believe?
Did you know?
- In the 2011 Census Australians reported that they were primarily Christians.
- 61 % of the population consider themselves to be Christian
- Christian 61% (13.15 million)
- Buddhist 2.5% ( 0.52 million)
- Islam 2.2% ( 0.47 million)
- Hinduism 1.3% ( 0.27 million)
- Judaism 0.5% ( 0.09 million)
- Other 0.8% ( 0.16 million)
- No Religion 22.3% ( 4.79 million) * Atheists are part of this group
1. Christian faith teaches that we should honor all people, of all creeds.
2. It also teaches that the resurrection of Jesus is Public Truth. (Leslie Newbigin)
Q. Is it appropriate that we, all therefore, walk on tenterhooks in these matters? I think not.
Q. Could these figures be a major contributing factor as to why Australia is a generally fine place to live?